Data at the heart of business
Mandatum Life is one of Finland's most financially sound and respected financial companies, and part of the successful Sampo Group. The company provides its private and corporate clients with wealth and preparedness services, such as unit-linked insurance, asset management, personal insurance, and retirement and remuneration solutions.
In the spring of 2019, Bilot implemented a data strategy project for Mandatum Life, focusing on sales and customer relationship management processes, in order to identify data development potential and enable business-driven development. The project was conducted through workshops and interviews for approximately three calendar months.
The workshops focused on Mandatum Life's business objectives, business development opportunities, current and target architectures, usable data reserves, the gap between current and target states, and the operationalization of necessary changes.
Bilot's customers: Mandatum Life
A practical roadmap shows the way forward
- Identifying which data is most useful and what makes sense development-wise
- Obtaining a list of key elements and business cases which support portfolio management through to managing the entire business portfolio
- Highlighting the focus areas for the future and indicating where to move and where to invest
- Creating internal guidelines regarding the extent to which data can be utilized
- Improving data availability
- Learning and teaching a data-driven way of development