SAP has been strongly promoting their cloud product strategy through the RISE with SAP offering. SAP S/4HANA Cloud and all other SAP Cloud products form a modular ERP solution that can help you transform and innovate through new industry business models and best practices, establish process excellence with built-in AI, and elevate sustainability standards end to end. SAP has also set timeline requirements for the transformation. Now the challenge is: when and how to move to S/4HANA?
The key question is what is the right way for you to go to the future and to S/4HANA. Everything starts with the target state processes and functions for which you want to find the best solution. A company’s strategy can influence technology architecture policies:
- Do the processes require redesign? Can we go with fit-to-standard mindset or are unique processes our asset?
- Do we want to restructure the organization?
- What data do we need from the history? Is there something that we want to get rid of?
- Cloud or on-premise?
- Hectic development cycle and lots of parallel development projects or steady common global template for all activities?
In the end, wherever you are now and whatever you want to achieve, there are three major stages to go to S/4HANA:
1) Identify critical requirements for processes and operations
2) Prepare the solution architecture and plan the transformation
3) Build your Intelligent Business.
The good news is that there are structured and guided ways and methods available to prepare and execute this movement without harmful interference with the daily business and to ongoing business projects. Stay tuned for the next installments of this blog to learn more about the stages for your individual movement to S/4HANA.
This blog is co-authored by Ia Rinne, Marika Okko, and Heidi Hallamaa